Saturday, February 6, 2010

Hisano Takei _Organic Design with Wool





Although it reminded me Rachel's sample of Material class, I liked her choice, to use wool, and the way she expresses the volume and texture. I'm miniature-like person, so when I see works
like these, I got impressed by her works' huge scale.
I remember Rachael said she used niddle felting fot her sample, well I would like to try niddle felting someday.












"....My work is predominantly made out of wool, and I explore forms and ideas of jewelry through texture, color, and overall composition. The softness and curves are inviting aspects of my forms; the sensuous properties of felted jewelry are uncommon and strike new challenges for the wearer and the viewer alike..." - from her artist statement.






No comments:

Post a Comment