Monday, February 21, 2011

02/15/2011 casting resin mold and a sketch

The first part of my project is making a brooch.. i'm working on many many pieces thou just is case. Using enameled copper, graphite pencil for drwaing, and hand made plastic pomegranates!
(I already sized this pictures, but why turned out so small? i don't get the technique system here.) (for better view, click the image = - =)
Here are the pictures of making a pomegranates mold, but this one didn'd go well.
[FAIL]
The wire that I attatched to pomegranates was so small and made a narrow pathway which is too narrow to let the resin go inside the room, so it made just poor redish chunks..
not a pomegranates shape..
And then I made the second mold, there's no pathway, the opening is the edge of the pomegranates! I hope the wider opening will make better result!
And I made these cute fake pomegranates!
I'm so happy that I got good color combination to make these looks like real one.

3-4 drops red color and a little of blue !

The last picture shows real pomegranate (in middle of the pic) and fake one.
they don't look that different!


















No comments:

Post a Comment