Monday, September 13, 2010

"Friend of the Night" _ Honors Project





Sometimes, when I go back home after working late at school, I see the dark night sky filled with clouds. When I was around ten years old, I used to be afraid of being under the night sky when filled with clouds. I used to think that the clouds might fall down. Also, the stark contrast between black sky and the white clouds freaked me out. During such nights, I would hang my head and run straight home.

Tonight, however, the clouds felt more like my friend of the night. I found it difficult to keep my eyes focused on the road because I couldn't help but want to stare at the sky. At that moment, I was listening to "Friend of the Night" by Mogwai. I find this piece of instrumental music to be inspirational, especially for my work. Tonight, while driving under the cloudy night sky, I felt calm and happy. The atmosphere, created by the music and the night sky, led me into a dreamy trance. It was quite an inspiring and relaxing drive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment