Monday, September 27, 2010

"forget-me-not" ebony ring






































This ring is made of Ebony, Gaboon, and decorated with enameled silver flower,
"forget-me-not". I like the color comvination: glossy blue and matt black.
When people coat enamel on silver, they would use fine silver, which i didn't have, so I made fine silver piece from sterling silver. Torching sterling silver blows copper away, you can see dark black oxidation on the surface of annealed sterling silver.
Torch it, and pickle it over and over agian till the oxidation doesn't come out, and then you get a fine silver. :D ....but I am telling this, you don't want to do this, this technique takes time endlessly.
so .. I recommend that you'd better buy Fine Silver if you want to enamel them! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment