Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Styrofoam Sofa







Styrofoam Sofa
Designer Kwangho Lee thought it would be clever to take old sheets of styrofoam and mold them into furniture. Now before birds, polar bears, rabbits, and treehuggers clobber me, I want to say it’s just a concept. Nobody is really going to make styrofoam furniture. But to the material’s credit, it does get warmer the longer you sit on it.
Designer:
Kwangho Lee
from the website, Yanko Design
_____________________________________________________________
Since some briliant works from Droog design have inspired me I'm looking for a stuff which can be found easily around me, and styrofoam just hit my head! I sketched some hanging light w/ styrofoam, and roughly drew chairs that is also made of styrofoams.
This Styrofoam Sofa is found while I was googling of styrofoam art. This sfuff might result of some breaks (and that will be annoying!), but it is a still comfort-looking sofa.

No comments:

Post a Comment